Are you looking to send mail or parcels to Dubai? Wondering about the postal code or zip code for Dubai? In this comprehensive guide, we will provide you with all the updated information you need to know about Dubai’s postal system, including the use of Makani numbers, renting a PO Box, and more.
Understanding Dubai Postal Code and Zip Code
Contrary to many other cities around the world, Dubai does not have a unique postal code. Instead, it uses the Makani system, which assigns a unique 10-digit number to each building in the UAE. This Makani number serves as a reliable alternative to traditional postal codes.
Makani Numbers: Ensuring Accurate Deliveries
Each building in Dubai has its own Makani number, which precisely identifies the building’s entrance location within a 1-meter accuracy. This unique identifier is crucial for delivering packages and mail efficiently. When sending items to Dubai, make sure to provide the Makani number of the recipient’s location to ensure successful delivery.
Dubai Zip Code: A Placeholder
If you encounter online resources or services that require a zip code for Dubai, don’t fret. Dubai uses “00000” as a placeholder for such instances. Simply enter “00000” when prompted for a zip code, and all online portals will accept it.
Renting a PO Box in Dubai
As there is no automatic assignment of PO Boxes to residents or businesses in Dubai, renting a PO Box is a popular option. It offers a convenient and secure way to receive mail and parcels. Emirates Post provides a range of PO Box sizes to choose from, and you can decide how long you want to rent the box.
Step-by-Step Guide to Rent a PO Box in Dubai
- Visit Emirates Post Website: Head to the Emirates Post website and click on the “Rent a P.O. Box” option. [Link to Emirates Post website]
- Choose PO Box Type: Select either “Personal P.O. Boxes” or “Corporate P.O. Boxes” depending on your needs.
- Select PO Box Plan: Choose the plan that suits your requirements.
- Create an Account: Create a new post account or log in with UAE PASS.
- Apply for the Chosen PO Box: Confirm your selection by choosing Dubai as your emirate and a post office near you.
- Appoint a Postal Agent: If necessary, appoint a trustworthy postal agent to sort and deliver your mail.
- Pay Fees: Pay the rental fees displayed on-screen online using your banking details.
Requirements to Create PO Box in Dubai
To create your own post office box, you will need two things:
- Emirates ID: Ensure you have a valid Emirates ID for documentation.
- Fees: Be prepared for the rental fees, which can vary based on the size of the box and rental period.
Deira Dubai Postal Code
Deira, a vibrant area in Dubai, does not have a specific postal code system. However, residents can use the standard postal code “00000” if needed for any deliveries or services.
List of Emirates Post Offices in Dubai
Emirates Post Group (EPG) is the government-owned postal services company in the UAE, offering a range of services to individuals and businesses. Here are some of their locations in Dubai:
[Provide the list of Emirates Post offices in Dubai with their respective opening hours and locations.]
No, Dubai and all UAE emirates lack postal codes. However, for service purposes, use 00000 as a code.
You can’t directly obtain a postal code. Instead, rent your own PO Box number through the Emirates Post website.
Yes, 00000 is valid as UAE doesn’t have postal codes. Use it along with the Makani number for successful deliveries in Dubai.
Dubai’s postal system may not follow the conventional postal code format, but the Makani number system and the option to rent a PO Box ensure efficient and reliable mail delivery. Remember to use “00000” for zip code requests and provide the recipient’s Makani number for accurate deliveries.
With this comprehensive guide, you’re well-equipped to navigate Dubai’s postal services and ensure seamless communication and package deliveries. If you have any questions or need assistance, feel free to call +971 60 059 9999.